Trying to build in VS Pro 2010

Nov 29, 2012 at 4:22 AM

I am trying to get log expert to build in Visual Studio 2010 Professional.  I am not at all familiar with visual studio, so hopefully it's something simple.

The solution in trunk appears to convert fine, but when I hit f6 to build, it gives the following errors -

Error 3 Cannot import the following key file: . The key file may be password protected. To correct this, try to import the certificate again or import the certificate manually into the current user’s personal certificate store. LogExpert
Error 4 Importing key file "LogExpert_1_TemporaryKey.pfx" was canceled. LogExpert
Error 5 Could not load referenced assembly "C:\Users\Phil\LogExpert\trunk\LogExpert\bin\Debug\LogExpert.exe".  Caught a FileNotFoundException saying "Could not load file or assembly 'C:\Users\Phil\LogExpert\trunk\LogExpert\bin\Debug\LogExpert.exe' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.". C:\Users\Phil\LogExpert\trunk\UnitTests\ResGen UnitTests

When I right click that file in explorer it gives me a dialog to import the certificate.  It seems to be secured with a password, so I am unable to complete the import. 

I love log expert and use it all the time at work.

Thanks!

Phil

Coordinator
Nov 30, 2012 at 9:16 AM

I think you can delete the cert and create a new one. This cert is just a developer test cert. I cannot remember exactly why I created it. I think it is needed to grant file access rights to the application.

Dec 1, 2012 at 5:23 AM

Cool, I got it to build and run in debug mode.  Just needed to turn off signing in the build configuration.

Thanks