This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Save columnizer settings in sets

Apr 11, 2013 at 5:06 PM
I use Regex columnizer. I have set proper regexp for columns i use in my applications, but it seems that these settings are saved in association with one file i have tested with, so when i take another file in same format, there are default settings of regexp columnizer.
Is it possible to somehow save groups of columnizer settings that i can configure in settings for filename masks to be used with specified columnizers? like it is possible to create/manage groups of highlighters.
Coordinator
Apr 11, 2013 at 6:07 PM
The settings of RegEx columnizer are stored per file. The author of this columnizer (it's not me!) did this because he wants to use different settings for different files. This was the fastest workaround for this requirement.

Defining different config sets is not possible yet.
Apr 12, 2013 at 7:20 AM
"Yet" means that it is possible to implement. would you consider to do it somewhen? or should i ask the author of this plugin?
Apr 12, 2013 at 7:21 AM
HagenRaab wrote:
"Yet" means that it is possible to implement. would you consider to do it somewhen? or should i ask the author of this plugin?
Coordinator
Apr 12, 2013 at 8:01 AM
I don't think that I will implement this. Since I don't use this columnizer it's not a top prio for me. :) Sorry.
Apr 12, 2013 at 9:12 AM
OK. But do you plan to implement support of columnizer presets for other columnizers (at least for those you are using)? because right now (if i understand correctly) LogExpert iitself doesn't have a possibility to maintain columnizer presets, so implementing this only in columnizer is not enough.

BTW, thanks for LogExpert - even without columnizer groups it is a great piece of software!
Coordinator
Apr 12, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Would be a good idea, indeed. Currently every columnizer stores one 'global' configuration only.
Coordinator
Apr 12, 2013 at 9:33 AM
I created an issue for that request. But don't expect too much. I don't have much time. :)
Aug 26, 2014 at 3:34 PM
Hi,

I have log files with this naming "server_log_20140503_1455.log". As you know for this files your regexpColumnizer...is very weak. I would like just to see how much work it will take to ensure working customized config for all my log files. Please provide me some more information for this. Thanks a lot!