Custom Columizer project converted from .Net 2.0 to .Net 4.0 fails

Sep 7, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Hi,

I had a custom columizer project using the .Net Framework 2.0. I had been using this since a year now without issues.

Recently, I upgraded my Log Expert plugin class library :
a) Upgraded to .Net Framework 4.0 with no other changes to the code. (Eventually I will use a library that requires .Net 4.0).
b) Migrated from a Visual Studio 2008 solution to a Visual Studio 2010 solution. I used the built in Visual Studio converter.

The resulting dll is exactly the same as before, but it does not show up in the LogExpert Columizer listing!!

1) What could be wrong?
2) My code implements the ILogLineColumnizer and I have not implemented the ILogExpertPlugin, so I am unable to debug and find out what is causing this failure.
3) What is the best way to debug and resolve this?
4) Has anybody has encountered this before?

I tried downgrading to the .Net Framework 3.5 in the Visual Studio 2010 project and that works. That is the reason I feel that the incompatibility is due to the .Net Framework and not how the Visual Studio 2010 builds the assembly.

I am doing an assembly compare, but I guess the .Net Framework 4.0 base class libraries would be the only diference, any thoughts ?

Thanks
V
Sep 9, 2013 at 12:18 PM
.NET-4 uses a different version of the common language runtime. While I have no direct solution for your problem, you may want to google for "In-Process Side-by-Side Execution".