filter out a phrase from the main output

Jan 12, 2016 at 10:15 PM
How can I filter out a phrase from the main output?

This appears on every output line. Is there any way to filter it out of the main output.
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

I'd like to ignore that but see everything else

Also I can't see any text in the help file, it shows the index on the left, but no text on the right.

Thanks for any help.
Developer
Jan 18, 2016 at 8:29 AM
Edited Jan 18, 2016 at 9:28 AM
Hi whimsica,

you could use RegexColumnizer (download from https://logexpert.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Columnizers ) and configure columnizere to group your lines e.g. 2 groups and then hide one group.

For example you could use following regex for grouping (I hope this regex works for you)

(.+?)((Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56) )(.+$)

and then in logTab view right click on the column header you want to remove and click "hide column" or move it right

Please send a short note if this change works for you

Greetings
Zarunbal
Jan 19, 2016 at 3:23 AM
Hi. I couldn't get that to work. I get

InvalidArgument=Value of '0' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.
Parameter name: SelectedIndex
ArgumentOutOfRangeException

Is there any documentation for columnizer?
I have used regex before but not in this context. I don't understand his syntax.

Thanks,
Dan
Developer
Feb 8, 2016 at 9:29 PM
thanks for your reply,

I wasn't carefull enough and failed to write a valid regex ... but this time I tested it and should hopefully work with your files too ;)
^(?<before>.+?)?(?<exclude>\(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug\.cpp Line: 56\))(?<after>.+)?$
After you pasted the regex in the textbox you can switch to the fields tab and deselect "exclude" (Name of regex group to be excluded) field. This should do the trick.

Documentation is only avaiable for builtin columnizers, for third party columnizers only if the developer created one

Greetings
Zarunbal
Mar 11, 2016 at 3:06 PM
Hi. I tried to enter that into the regex columnizer config. Then I went to uncheck exclude, then I press ok.
I get an error

InvalidArgument=Value of '0' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.
Parameter name: SelectedIndex

ArgumentOutOfRangeException
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
at LogExpert.LogWindow.SetColumnizerInternal(ILogLineColumnizer columnizer)
at LogExpert.LogTabWindow.selectFilterToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)