Text Filter history control

Mar 29, 2016 at 8:50 AM
Hi,

Is there some way that I can control the "Text Filter" combo-box in LogExpert?
Most of the time I need to try multiple strings to find the log-rows that I want.
The problem is that all those (test) strings are all shown when I click the next time on the combo-box with the possibility to select a wrong search-string.
So it would be nice that the combo-box is filled with the content of some file (xml, ini, json, ..) so I can control what's in that combo-box and what is not!
Of course you can also do that with some flag on the search where I can say 'remeber this in history' or something like that but in that case this is not as portable as I would like it.
if you put it in some file I have some different ideas where that can be usefull.

Maybe this is already possible in LogExpert, if not maybe it would be a nice anhancement for this great tool ;-)

regards
Didier
Coordinator
Mar 29, 2016 at 9:51 AM
You can save and restore filters, if that helps.
Mar 29, 2016 at 10:49 AM
Hi HagenRaab,

That depends on what you mean by that?
As far as I know all performed filter-strings are automatically saved (because once used they are available in that combo-box).
That is just waht i do not like!
Where are these saved? Is that in some file or in a DB?

So maybe you can explain to me how to do that?

Thanks
Didier
Coordinator
Mar 29, 2016 at 11:42 AM
On the right side of the filter panel there's a small button which opens a list (just below the filter hit counter). Here you can save a filter (by pressing a button).
Mar 29, 2016 at 1:06 PM
Ah, ok, never noticed that!
Ok I can use that. It's not exactly what I hoped for but it's something

Thanks